Tuesday, April 12, 2016

YASOU Skincare Review

I have struggled with dry, sensitive skin for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately, while I didn't have adolescent breakouts, I had dry, flaky skin. I have tried and discarded so many moisturizers over the years, that my friends always looked forward to the semi-annual purge of my beauty arsenal. As I have aged, my skin continues to be dry, but it looks more aged and less radiant. I am also on the lookout for products with natural ingredients, thinking that they might have been the answer all along.
I had heard praise of YASOU Skin Care recently, but could not find it anywhere. I reached out to YASOU (www.yasouskincare.com), and explained my complexion woes. YASOU was kind enough to send me a few products to try, and to pass along my findings on Preppy Mom's Wanderings.
YASOU skin care gets its name from a common Greek greeting meaning “to your health," and its mission is to "embrace the beauty traditions, natural ingredients and rich culture of Greece with American technology, bringing you this luxurious natural skincare line that makes you look and feel good.”
The YASOU skin care line is inspired from the heart, heritage and passion of creator Theodora Ntovas. Theodora grew up in Chicago and travelled and lived in Greece as a child, where she spent time visiting her family and soaking up the rich Greek culture and local traditions. As an adult, Theodora returned to Greece, where she discovered the purist, most unique, organic skin care products and was intrigued by the beautiful women who swore by them. These products were made from olive oil, natural essential oils extracted from local flowers and indigenous plants, and organic beeswax.
Theodora educated herself in cosmetic chemistry, aromatherapy and natural skin care solutions. Her research led her to partner with chemist/formulator Nestor Tomasi. Inspired by Greek beauty philosophy, together they developed the unique Calityl O Complex, that became the foundation of a truly luxurious natural skin care line. And so, “YASOU” was born!
YASOU consists of a cellular firming and rejuvenating day cream that compliments their anti-aging night cream and the ultra hydrating body cream with essential oils and vitamin E. The ultra hydrating body cream is designed to nourish skin, help calm and relax your mind, and even help you fall asleep! It is ideal for those special and precious “me time” moments when you want to pamper and reward your body-it’s having a spa experience but at home.

YASOU natural cellular day cream and cell renewal night cream moisturizing treatments deliver a boost of essential, naturally-sourced ingredients combined with their exclusive Calityl-O Complex, to hydrate, replenish and reinvigorate the skin to it’s optimum condition and keep it looking stunning every day.


YASOU Vegan Hand Cream is formulated to moisturize, protect, repair and soothe your hands. It is a vegan natural hand cream that contains moisturizing certified organic extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, bacteria fighters, and soothing botanicals.


I have been using YASOU day and night moisturizers for a little more than a month. I immediately noticed that the creams had a very light fragrance, almost nothing at all. That is preferable to me, as even scents can make my face blotchy. From the very first day, I noticed my face was more hydrated and had a nice glow. I don't generally use any retinols or alpha/beta hydroxy acids on my face, because it gets so angry. I did notice that my skin exfoliated a little more for a few days when I started using YASOU (it has naturally derived hydroxy acids), but it wasn't uncomfortable at all. After a month, I would absolutely say that my skin is more hydrated and looks more healthy. I've just started using it on my neck and chest, and I'm anxious to see the difference. My skin honestly looks better as I continue to use YASOU, and it looks healthier and less irritated.

Like many my age, my hands show my age. I feel like one day I looked down, and they had changed and they looked terrible. I was so happy to try YASOU hand cream as well. You can definitely smell the essential oils, but it is not an unpleasant fragrance at all. It is also one that I look forward to-different from any other fragrances in my every day life. It is an herbal, botanical smell. I have been keeping the tube next to the bed, and putting it on each night. The cream is thick, but it soaks in quickly and is not sticky at all. After about a month, my hands are softer and also look brighter. I really love this hand cream! It is truly both a beneficial and lovely product. A must try for sure!

I am excited about my experience with YASOU. It is definitely a line that encorporates quality ingredients and research, but also integrity. I love that the high end products are amazing for my skin, but also that they are still a nurturing line. Several YASOU products are vegan and Leaping Bunny Certified, and all contain beautiful, organic ingredients. 

If you would like to learn more about YASOU, you can find them at www.yasouskincare.com. Their website has information about all of their products, including ingredients, product benefits and online ordering. They are also happy to answer any questions that you may have. 

YASOU is absolutely fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment