Saturday, April 9, 2016

What Up, Wednesday?! Inside My Wandering Mind...

I really want to write more content to my blog, in addition to product reviews and "Must Haves."

In this spirit, I'm starting What Up, Wednesday?! Kind of a ramble of things on my mind. Really, don't we all have them? It's kind of where the "wanderings" comes from. Where has your mind wandered to? I'd love to know in comments! 

So, here we go...

*So, money has always been a struggle for us. My shopping habits haven't helped at all, but I'm really trying to remedy my ways. Anyhow, it was super-fun to check the bank yesterday, and to see a huge charge to JCPenney. I'm not a big mall shopper, although our Sephora is in Penney's. Unfortunately, I've never been there! So, yup--we got hacked! The worst! Hopefully it will get straightened out quickly.

*I'm excited about all the great shows coming back on cable and Netflix. 
--The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is laugh out loud, pee a little funny. It's on Netflix, and Season 2 goes up in a few days. If you haven't seen Season 1-seriously do a binge watch. It's hilarious.
--Penny Dreadful comes back to Showtime this week. It's kind of creepy, but not scary. If you like mystery, sci-fi stuff, it's pretty good.
--Game of Thrones!!
--Outlander
Despite all of this, I'm really not a tv junkie. I'm serious. We live with my inlaws, and I can only take so many Alaska shows from them, and Disney/Nick from the kids. It's easier to pull out my iPad and watch something before bed.

*Our oldest son is trying to find his sport. It's much easier for his younger brother, who seems to be good at every sport he tries. We thought maybe track, but practices are 5 nights a week, and travel meets on weekends. It seems a bit much for 10 year olds. What do you think? Is it really important that all kids have a sport? He's super active-he plays, rides his bike, takes swimming lessons, etc. As long as he wants to try new things, I'm open to it. If he decides team sports aren't his thing, I'm okay with that, too. 

*Mother's Day is just around the corner, and if you're anything like me, you might have a hard time figuring out what to get your mom, or perhaps your mother-in-law. As my mom has gotten older, I'm having a harder time finding something for her. She's diabetic, so any kind of foods/treats are out. She lives in assisted living, and her condo is packed, so I don't really buy her things for her place, and we don't want her to cook. Ugh! 

So, I think a little piece of jewelry would be perfect. I came across LunaOscula on Etsy and Instagram (@LunaOscula). I posted about her recent giveaway on my Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, but I also wanted to share a really cool idea for Mother's Day for less than $20!


LunaOscula's Hamsa Necklace is intricate and beautiful. It's unlike anything my mom has (Depending on your mom's age, I'm guessing this is also true). The Hamsa Hand is an ancient Middle Eastern amulet symbolizing the Hand of God. In all faiths it is a protective sign. It brings it’s owner happiness, luck, health, and good fortune. Very appropriate!


LunaOscula has many other beautiful gifts in her Etsy shop, including hand stamped disc necklaces. A necklace with kids' or grandkids' initials would make a fantastic Mother's Day gift. So, a few lovely ideas that you can pick up for Mom, without breaking the bank. A break from scarves or bath baskets would be appreciated, I'm sure!

Let me help with your shopping! I'll be back with more ideas!

1 comment:

  1. I love the details in the hand for this necklace! :)

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete