Friday, March 25, 2016

Currently...I'm Loving

So, I sometimes obsess about things...just a tad. Ok, perhaps more. Not in a weird way, like I'll only eat white foods for six months, and then move on, but if I like something, I really like it. I wish I could say that my thing is exercise (at least it hasn't been in a loooong time), or eating vegetables.

So, I'm loving several things right now. Trust me-if they weren't incredible, I wouldn't recommend them. None are crazy expensive, but they're definitely must try's.

Skincare is always one of my "things." I really like to try before I purchase, but that's not always possible. Luckily, when you purchase many products online, you can usually return them if you don't like them. Hopefully my suggestions help. 

Glossier. Is. Awesome.
Particularly their Balm Dotcom, which comes in Original and Coconut (and they even send it to you in this cute little pink cosmetic pouch).


Glossier's description is, "A vacation in a luxe little tube, Coconut Balm Dotcom lets you take Tulum with you wherever you go. It’s our cult favorite do-anything skin salve with a mood-boosting update—the same super dense formula is made with beeswax and castor seed oil for long-lasting hydration, plant extracts provide antioxidants and skin-enhancing nutrients, and the dreamy coconut scent smells like the best parts of summer."

My skin has always been extremely dry and sensitive. It's also dehydrated, so I lack water and oils in my skin. The Balm Dotcom is an excellent balm to put on extra dry spots (elbows, heels, lips) or stubborn flakes. My skin is so dry that I've been putting it on top of my moisturizer at night. It's been about two weeks, and I can HONESTLY claim my love for this product! I'm only needing it in a couple of spots now. I'm so excited for what this product is doing for my skin, I know that it will be a permanent part of my regimen. I've even been using it on my kids lips before bed.

If you'd like to try this, or another product from Glossier, you can use my link to save 20% from their site. http://bff.glossier.com/dEFJH

I'm also cosmetics obsessed (shocker). If you haven't tried ColourPop yet, this is one of those "What are you waiting for?!" moments. ColourPop has amazing colors, tons of different finishes, great staying power, and....wait for it....every product is between $5-$8! 
 
 
Their most recent collaboration is with actress, Jaime King. The entire set above is $30! Jaime King said about the collaboration with ColourPop“We created this line because I saw a gap in the “beauty” market. I was tired of seeing very few care about what beauty means for women,” she said. “For some, that means no makeup, for others, they cannot afford it, nor do companies actually consider the color of their skin and that it’s not only unfair but radically gross that most do not create something that makes all women and men feel beautiful. Yes, men, who want to wear makeup as that is why I made this as well. I want to celebrate the inner beauty that we all innately carry and create that which celebrates that which radiates from within.”
 
ColourPop has so many colors, you probably wont know where to start. Even if you're thinking you'll stay with nudes--there are SO many options! The texture of their pressed pigments is unusual. It's almost gel-like, but doesn't feel like that when you're wearing them. The pigments have great color payoff, and they're easily blended, so go ahead and layer, highlight, contour, line, soften it up, smoke it out...have fun with this line.
 


So, unless you don't read magazines, or the Internet, or watch tv, you've likely heard of Outlander. Oh, and it all started with a series of historical fiction romance novels by Diana Gabaldon. Starz has made a hit series, that is about to start Season 2.

I won't ruin any of the books/show, but it is the story of Claire, a WWII combat nurse, who is on a second honeymoon with her husband in 1945, Scotland. She finds herself traveling through time to 200 years earlier, where she meets Jamie, a Scottish Highlander.


There is, of course, major romance, major drama, and gorgeous scenery. Let's add in sword fights, prison breaks, war, torture, ocean voyages, espionage, a gorgeous cast, and more sex than I'm comfortable watching with my mother. I guess that amount is really none, but there is lots of it in the book, and in the series.

Caitriona Balfe plays Claire. She was nominated for several awards this season. I'm not the kind of person who "pictures" a character from a book, but she plays Claire beautifully.
 

Sam Heughan was cast as Jamie, and yowza! I'm kind of at a loss for other words. I'm guessing this was the reaction they were after when he was cast. Maybe I should have gone to Scotland at some point in my life, although I'm not sure they're all made like this!
 
Season 2 starts on April 9th, so you still have time to binge watch Season 1. If you're not a tv person, I guarantee you can easily find the books. Even if you're not a romancey kind of person, I'm not kidding, it's still exciting for so many reasons.

If you're not sold, I guess watch a house remodeling show? Just kidding, but seriously...
 

So, I know it's everywhere, but I have to include another one of those super trendy, where did this come from trends: LuLaRoe. Yup, I love it. LuLaRoe is super comfy clothes in fun prints (see just a few below), and it is sold during online trunk shows. If you're on Facebook, you've probably been invited to at least 1.

It seems like LuLaRoe came out of nowhere, and it has quickly become outrageously popular. They're best known for their leggings. Of course, they also have shirts, dresses, skirts, cardigans, and they just introduced men's and kid's tees (they already had leggings for girls and tweens).

If you don't like leggings or prints, they have all of the above in solids. Leggings are fun and comfy for me, as a stay at home mom, but for the rest of life, their other options fit most of us for work or play.

You can't buy LuLaRoe in a store, or online. If you're looking for a trunk show, you can find one easily on Facebook, or their website can connect you with a stylist.


Jewelry, oh jewelry, you're never last. I seriously adore this dainty Garnet and Silver ring by Sally Cooper. Sally is a jeweler out of Melbourne, Australia. 


I'm loving this wire wrapped ring from Sally's Etsy store, Love Your Threads. At the center, there is a faceted Oval Garnet, set on a 14k gold fill wire. The Garnet sits between 2 silver beads. It is sparkly and very comfortable to wear. The Garnet is 5x7mm, and is perfect as a stacker, a midi, or even a pinky ring. 

14k gold fill wire is something that you can wear every day. It doesn't tarnish, and the gold doesn't wear like gold plating. The cost of this ring, which is hand-made by Sally, is less than $25!

If you want a little sparkle, please check out Sally's store on Etsy. She is also on Instagram @LoveYourThreads. She has so many pretty things, and this is so lovely! http://www.etsy.com/shop/LoveYourThreads


I'm very excited to share these fun finds with you. I will only share things that I adore with you, and this list is full of them! If you have any questions, feel free to leave them for me. 
 
Please show me some love, and follow me here, on Instagram/Twitter @preppymomm, or at facebook.com/preppymomm.

No comments:

Post a Comment