Monday, December 1, 2014

Holiday Wish List Item #1-Elizabeth and Victoria Jewelry

I thought it would be so much fun to put together a women's Holiday Wish List for those of us who are Preppy and Fabulous. This is something I've always wanted to do. In general, most of the items I list are do-able. It infuriates me a few years ago when a certain celebrity put together a must have list, and the items totaled something like $200,000. Not going to happen here!

Now, I'm not one of those women who says, "Don't bring me jewelry," or, "Flowers are such a waste." I'm a girly girl. I love jewelry (c'mon-really?), flowers, the color pink, you know...

I've come across the most lovely jeweler on Etsy. http://www.elizabethlydonstudio.etsy.com/ It's owned by two sisters, Elizabeth and Victoria. Secretly, I'd love to do what they do. How cool would it be to design, make and market your own line?! 

began speaking with them, and they were excited to be on my Holiday List. I chose a necklace with a ruby, an emerald, and a sapphire, set in sterling silver to focus my piece on. It absolutely takes my breath away.


I wanted to give a little information about their business as well, so that you can see that they are real women. Elizabeth started with a successful career running a high-end interior design furnishings showroom, and found herself in courses studying gemology and jewelry fabrication. Embracing her life-long love of gems and jewelry, she began working at a fine jewelry store, was soon designing expensive custom pieces, and followed her passion to further research, education, and certification.


Elizabeth's eye for finding the most stunning materials has been refined and focused, and has become central to her creation of exquisite pieces designed to show off the character and beauty of each stone and gem. 


When online retail brought the opportunity to expand the customer base, Elizabeth's sister Victoria, a graphic designer and art photographer, offered to help ship items during the busy holiday season, and the two were off and running.


Together, the sisters found they share a similar passion for design, fashion, style, and making the world more beautiful (one piece of jewelry at a time). Elizabeth and Victoria love searching for rare and unusual materials, working with suppliers and customers from all over the world, and combining their talents to create beautiful jewelry. 

The stones in the necklace are an opaque, natural emerald, ruby and sapphire, with earth's beauty and imperfections, so you'll know it's real! Each stone is hand-faceted, coin-shaped and set in a Sterling Silver rhodium-finished bezel (NO tarnishing!). A "Bezel Setting" is a metal rim that encircles the sides of a stone and holds it securely. It hangs on an 18" silver chain.

The necklace that I've shown in this post, can be found in their Etsy store, http://www.elizabethlydonstudio.etsy.com/.

I cannot recommend a more professional duo to work with. They are excited for you to find just the right piece that fits your personality. If you're looking for s gift for your wife, girlfriend, daughter, mom - definitely look at the pieces at http://www.elizabethlydonstudio.etsy.com/. They are reasonable, and fun, and their work is stunning. Tell them you heard about them from me, but definitely see what they have to offer. You won't be sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment