Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Thankfulness??

I haven't written in a couple of days, as I thought about thankfulness. Do we have to be thankful every day? We've had a terrible year. Does that mean there aren't things I'm giving thanks for? Of course not!

As a person, we physically need shelter, clothes, food, water. I'm probably missing one, and I doubt it's my cell phone. If those needs are being met, I'm definitely thankful to have them. But what if it's not your own? Do any of you wonder about this? I've mentioned that we're living with family, but I'm anxious to have a house of our own again.

Obviously, there's so much to this question. Is it difficult to be thankful when you aren't getting what you want? I'm still thankful for the bed I sleep in, even though it's not our squishy space foam bed. I'm still thankful for my family, and all my friends, past and present. I'm sick, but I'm thankful for my doctors. You get the picture.

So, for me, the answer is yes. You can have both. You can have situations or friendships, or a job that make you miserable, but there are more things in your life.

I'm going to allow myself to be mad. I rarely do this-I'm quite mild mannered. Then, after I've been mad, I'm going to think about the shining stars in my life. And I'm going to give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment