Sunday, November 30, 2014

Book Collection Review-The Haven Collection


I recently read The Haven Collection, which consisted of A Stranger Magic and Revenge of the Viper.

I rarely get the time to sit down and read a book, but over the years, I have lived The Harry Potter Series and The Twilight Series. These books seemed like a natural fit for me, as I read that there was a fantasy element with a young hero.

The series sees young Sam, thinking he is quite normal, but nothing special. He starts having strange dreams, and feels like he is being watched. Sam lives with his mother and sister, but you can sense that there is something more. The Dalcome family's history starts to reveal quickly, and their lives are changed overnight as it is revealed that Sam's parents have past lives in a place called Haven. The book is filled with surprises, twists and turns, which definitely make it hard to put down. Alisa Dalcome, Sam's mother reunites with friends from Haven. Sarah, Sam's sister, and Sam are bewildered, as their mom’s secrets are revealed and they begin to question their past lives. Travis, Sam’s best friend, is loyal throughout the story, and Sam learns how valuable it is to have a true friend. 

Many characters are in Haven including, Humans, Witches, Goblins, Orcs, Vampires and Elves, trying to exist peacefully together and to protect the world they created and now call home; Haven.

I found the books to be engrossing and hard to put down. I would definitely recommend them to preteen fantasy readers! They can be purchased for download at 
https://www.smashwords.com.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment