Sunday, October 12, 2014

MY Konjac Sponge with Activated Bamboo Charcoal Review


I recently had the opportunity to try MY Konjac Sponge with Bamboo Charcoal. Konjac sponges are a natural way to cleanse and exfoliate your face. The bamboo charcoal makes this particular sponge suitable for oily and acne prone skin.

Konjac sponges are made from the pure root of the Konjac plant and natural bamboo charcoal. This particular sponge is excellent for oily skin, and ideal for those with acne, frequent breakouts and problematic skin types. It contains activated carbon and various minerals that enhance absorption, perfect for removing excess oil. This Konjac sponge also contains natural antioxidants that help fight acne-causing bacteria.
If you haven't used a Konjac sponge before, it dries hard, but absorbs water and becomes quite squishy when it is wet. When I use a Konjac sponge to wash my face, I allow it to soak up water for several minutes before I use it. I put cleanser on my face, and then I scrub my face and neck in a circular motion with the sponge. My face is on the sensitive side, so I don't scrub hard. I like that this particular sponge is in a teardrop shape, and that it's easy to get to all the areas of your face. I worry about clogged pores on my nose, so I pay a little closer attention there. Konjac sponges are not harsh at all, but they do leave your face feeling very clean. When I'm done, I rinse the Konjac thoroughally, but I do not wring it. Since the Konjac sponge is made from natural fibers, it is possible to damage. I have a little hook that I hang it on to dry until my next use.

As with any sponge, a Konjac sponge does need to be sanitized in boiling water or in the microwave from time to time, and replaced as necessary, every few months.
I love using a Konjac sponge. I alternate with a cleansing brush every few days, and my face looks and feels terrific. This MY Konjac Sponge is recommended for oily skin, which my face is not. It hasn't irritated my face at all though. As a matter of fact, my complexion has always gotten rashy from time to time, and it has not done so all summer. I do feel like my pores are less congested, but obviously there is no way to shrink them permanently.
If you're interested in picking up MY Konjac Sponge, you can find it here.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment