Thursday, July 31, 2014

Throwback Thursday

My husband found this on Twitter, and I had to post it for a fun #tbt! 

We're all so addicted to technology (as I write this on my iPhone), that I sometimes forget that for most of my life, there wasn't any!! My dorm hall had ONE payphone, and if someone was on it, you had to wait. We had an Apple 2e when I was in middle school, but we didn't really know what to do with it! Our VCR (lovingly known in college-yes, it made it that long-as the "Big Zenith") was huge, top loading, and the "remote" was attached by a wire.

If we had something to say to a friend, we wrote a note. There was even a huge bulletin board outside the Dean's office to pin said notes, or where you might get a message to call your parents, or to see a teacher. Now we text.

For all of you who lived life before the age of the cell phone, this is how we texted in the 80's....

No comments:

Post a Comment