Monday, July 21, 2014

Memebox Colorbox #1 Review and August Discount

I was recently contacted by Memebox (pronounced Mi-mi-Box) to see I would be interested in reviewing one of their K-beauty boxes. I had seen Memebox, and was hoping that I would get a chance to try one of their boxes. I love Korean beauty products, and I'm always excited to try something new.

Memebox(us.memebox.com), is a  Korean beauty box and e-commerce retailer that has created different beauty boxes for K-beauty lovers. Memebox isn't actually a subscription box, so you can decide when and what you want to purchase. Memebox ships directly from Korea, and ships to 45 different countries, but they cater mainly to US clients.

Memebox carries 4 main types of beauty boxes-

Memebox: The original Memebox comes packed with 4-8 full size products and deluxe samples.

Memebox Special Editions: Memebox special edition comes packaged with 4-8 full size products and deluxe samples that meet specific needs or concerns.

Superbox: Superbox was inspired by Memebox lovers who are looking for full-sized products catered to specific needs. Each Superbox series comes with its own special theme, or to meet specific needs.

Luckybox: Luckybox was created to give everyone a different and unique box full of their favorite products for you to feel lucky and special. Each Luckybox is unique and is filled with 4-8 full sized products and deluxe samples.

Memebox sent me Colorbox #1, which is their Red Colorbox. Their Colorboxes are $15, and were created for K-beauty lovers who are looking for a bold color look. The Colorbox is arranged with 3-4 full size products and deluxe samples of the box color.


My first look made me really excited to open everything. It was cutely packaged, and it looked so fun!


The first item in the box was a lipstick by Dearberry. It was their Flirt Lipstick in Red Parade. I'm very fair with pink undertones, and this is a red that looks good on me! I would consider it to be close to a true red with blue undertones. I've been really into bright lipsticks this summer, and this is perfect! It may be my new go to color!


The second item in the box was also by Dearberry. It was their Today Nail Laquer in Pink Sprinkling. It's a red with the tiniest bit of pink. It's exactly a color I love on my toes, and it's going with me to get a pedicure tomorrow!!


The next item was the one in the box that I wasn't quite sure about. It was an eyeshadow by L'Ocean in Red. I've never worn a red shadow before, but I know it's super trendy. I worked as a makeup artist for many years, so I decided to ease in with baby steps. I mixed it with a black powder, and wore it as a reddish-black liner. Then I wore it as a liner by itself, and it looked great! This weekend, I thought I would wear it as a shadow in my crease or on the outside corners of my eyes. 

The moral of the story is-don't be afraid of bright colors, just ease in to them or be creative. This color is super hot!


The next item in the box was an eyeliner by Tosowoong. It was a gel liner in Sexy Vampire Burgendy. This liner goes on so smoothly, and it is gorgeous! I lined close to my lashes with it, and it made my hazel/green eyes pop. The gel texture and application of the product were so smooth, I'd like to have this in more colors!


The final item in the Memebox was a Two Color Lip Gloss by Cheek Room in Red. This gloss is so cool! It's layered and gorgeous on! The bottom layer is an orangey colored cream, and the top layer is a sheer red with a bit of shimmer. This is my new favorite gloss. I usually wear it all together, but it's also fun to just wear the top red color for a different look. It's also very moisturizing and not sticky at all.

I was so happy to receive this Memebox to review. Everything was very high quality and fun. If you are interested in trying Memebox, click here. You can receive $5 off your order during the month of August by using code A1HXGU (only valid for one purchase per person). You can also follow Memebox on Twitter @memeboxglobal, or on their Facebook page at http://on.fb.me/1nMifHW.

No comments:

Post a Comment