Sunday, June 8, 2014

Sunday Social-June 8, 2014

www.ashleylately.com
It's time for another Sunday Social!
This Weeks Questions:
1. When do you take time for you?
I'm actually pretty good about this, but the wat I spend it is so different from how I used to. When I was working in boarding schools, I was often on-call 24/7. When I could get away, I would get a massage or a facial, something pampering. Now that I'm not working, and I'm sick, I sleep-a lot. M is amazing about making sure I rest, and about keeping the boys busy so I can sleep. I wouldn't exactly say sleeping 18 hours a day is exactly "me" time, but I don't do too much else currently. I am looking forward to the day when I'm not so tired (obviously), and to spend time doing more "normal" things!
2. What do you find to be your biggest weakness? 
Wow...I would say my biggest weakness is probably asking for help/admitting that I'm in over my head. I have always been the kind of person who will say yes so that I don't let others down, or so that they aren't overwhelmed. I don't martyr myself by any means, but I do end up wishing I had help with things, but hate to feel like I'm burdening others by asking for help.
3. What is your biggest attribute?
My biggest attributes are probably that I am kind, and that I have a pretty sunny disposition. I care deeply for others, truly, and I can honestly say that I'm nice. I think thst kindness is often put to the side when we get busy, but I always try to take time to visit with others, and to make sure that others feel valued. 
As far as my general cheerfulness, it's just how I am. I try not to let others know when I'm having a bad day, of if I'm upset about something. I honestly believe that our moods are contagious, and that being in a bad mood is a waste of time.
4. What is your favorite place to shop online? 
My spending habits were pretty close to being my answer for my biggest weakness. I used to love to go to the mall, but it's not fun at all with the boys, so I'm a huge online shopper. I would say my favorite online shopping "destination" is Sephora. Even if I'm not purchasing anything, I go and read about products and put them on my wish list. I'm a cosmetics junkie, so it's not too surprising! I also like eBay a lot.
5. What is your favorite place to kill time? 
I would probably answer Sephora for this as well. I can spend a lot of time smelling perfumes and searching colors. If I find something I'm interested in reading more about, I'll jot it down.
I also kill a lot of time reading blogs of people I follow, or about things I'm interested in.

This week's questions were pretty thought provoking for me, which is always good.
M has a major job interview on Tuesday. Fingers crossed on that! The boys are going to Vacation Bible School. Since we just moved to Iowa, and we aren't in a house of our own yet, they have only met a few kids. It will be good for them to have some structured time with other children.
What's going on for all of you this week?

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete