Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Blues Jean Bar Express Review

Blues Jean Bar was so nice to send me a box of jeans and other clothes for review. I have to say, except for the cut of one pair of jeans, I would have LOVED to be able to afford to purchase this entire box. I loved everything, and it all fit, which is super unusual for me! I have the hardest time finding cute clothes that fit me. I mean, many of the items from the Blues Jean Bar Express box would need to be hemmed, but I'm SO short, so that's not a big deal. 

If you've not heard of BJB Express, they ask you about your sizes and tastes, and they send you a box of clothing whenever you ask for a shipment. You do have to have a credit card on file, but otherwise, it's free to try the clothes for a few days. After a few days, you send the items that you don't want to keep back , and they charge you for what you decide to buy. Since I've had children, I hate going to the mall, so this service is perfect for me!

For this shipment, BJB Express sent me four outfits and a pair of shoes.







The shoes that they sent were PERFECT! No surprise, I also have a hard time finding shoes. I'm between a 5.5 and a 6, but these two tone flats by Samara fit me perfectly. They are adorable, and reasonably priced at $77. A similar style of shoes by another brand are over $250! If you're looking for a cute pair of everyday flats, I do not hesitate to recommend these!


The first look was a dressier casual, and wound be adorable for a casual Friday look. There were a pair of Hunter High Rise Straight Leg Jeans in Kahlua ($182), the Shely Ponte Jacket in Navy by Amour Vert ($204), and the Bessie Tee in white by Amour Vert ($79).

The jeans, as a straight leg, are timeless. Regardless of skinny jeans, loose fit, boot cut trends, etc., you can never go wrong with a straight leg jean. Since these are a medium brown, they are a great alternative to a traditional pair of khakis. The tee is a short sleeve white tee with a little bit of a lower neckline, and a bit of a high-low cut. Obviously, this tee is extremely versatile. I could probably wear this with about 75% of my wardrobe! It would be great with any bottom, under a sweater, jacket, blazer, or by itself. If you're looking for a tee that is a little dressier, this is would be a great choice! Finally, the jacket, which is more of a navy blazer, is also timeless. Made out of a ponte knit, it is so soft! There aren't any buttons, which makes it extremely versatile. This blazer can be worn over a dress, with jeans, or a skirt. Really, the options are many. While this is a casual outfit, it definitely can be worn in dressier situations.


The next outfit was a little more casual, and so me. There was a pair of Easy Crop Mylenne Jeans by Joe's ($179), a Trudie Colorblock Tee by Amour Vert ($96), and the Ryder Jacket in Wipeout by Fidelity ($215).

This look is so wearable! The jeans, as a crop, fit me perfectly, and won't even need to be hemmed. That's pretty sad, I know! I also love Joe's Jeans. The tee by Amour Vert was so cute! I love it. It's a colorblock tee that is a soft oatmeal in the front and white in the back. It has a high-low cut. These are two very trendy looks in one shirt. It's casual, and makes the trends so easy to wear. It would be cute with jeans, a pair of shorts, or a cute short skirt. The outfit was topped with the Ryder Jean Jacket by Fidelity. The jacket is the palest of blues, so that it is almost white. Obviously, this jacket can be worn practically year round with any look. It would be great with a scarf as well.


This look is super cute and trendy. It has a pair of Petite Bootcut Laurel Jeans in Laurel by Joe's Jeans ($173), the Charlie Oversized Bat Tee by Amour Vert ($91) and an Infinity Ruffle Scarf in Mint by Mary Henry ($54).

These jeans are super cute, and while I'm not personally a huge fan of boot cut jeans, they were very comfortable. I'm sure if I were taller, I would have liked these a little more, but it could also be a personal preference. The long sleeved tee is a dark grey, and is so cute! The grey makes it a great option for most colors, and it's simplicity will go with so much. I love it with jeans, and the ruffle infinity scarf. The scarf in mint looks amazing and ties the entire outfit together. It is so cute, and infinity scarves are so trendy! This outfit is great, and would look great on any frame.


The final outfit that I tried on was a pair of Super Skinny Ankle Jeans in Onyx by Henry & Belle ($158), a black sheer shirt by Lady Jeans ($49) and a turquoise short sleeved silky top by Lady Jeans ($49). 

This entire outfit fit beautifully. The jeans weren't too tight or too loose. Despite the name of "super skinny," they fit so well. These jeans are made so well! The turquoise top was my favorite piece in the outfit. Since it is short sleeved, it is perfect for summer, and it is a piece that can be dressed up or down. It feels so soft on, and is so flattering. The black sheer shirt looks lovely over the turquoise top, and would look great over a black cami as well. It has a super cute button tab sleeves. This shirt can definitely be dressed up with a cami, a skirt and a pair of pumps. The outfit as shown is so nice and will look great with a cute pair of sandals for summer.

Blues Jean Bar Express has items that are a bit higher priced than other clothing subscription services, but they are high quality, high fashion companies. I work with Marnee, and she did an amazing job putting together these looks for me. If you go to bluesjeanbar.com, you can read more about their service. While filling out the profile, if you put Preppy Mom in the area where it asks where you heard about the service, you will receive 15% off your purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment