Sunday, May 11, 2014

Sunday Social-May 11, 2014


Today I'm linking up for the Sunday Social with Neely and Ashley. There's about a million things going on in my world right now, and I have neglected Preppy Mom!! It's Mother's Day, and I am so lucky to have two amazing sons, and a terrific mom. I need to remember the important things more often.

This week's Sunday Social questions are:
What was your favorite TGIF show?
Wow! This is a funny question. I feel like I kind of missed the whole TGIF run. I was either at boarding school with no tv (1987-1990), or college with either no tv, or the desire to watch tv on a Friday night. I did really like Sabrina, The Teenage Witch though. I'm probably the only person out there who isn't answering Full House for this question. I do watch the reruns of Full House with my kids though, and I'd totally watch Sabrina if it was on. I preferred her college years when Punky Brewster was her roommate.
What was your favorite Saturday morning TV show? 
Oh goodness-I remember waking up really early to watch The Smurfs. I collected the little figures, and I loved the cartoon. It was really a big deal to have cartoons on Saturday mornings!
Mickey Mouse Club or Kids Incorporated.? 
Kids Incorporated! I don't think the Disney Channel existed yet, because I remember watching The Magical World of Disney on Sunday nights when I was young-right after Wild Kingdom. I did like Kids Incorporated though. It seemed cooler to me. Of course, now I know that Stacy was actually Fergie!
Zack Morris or AC Slater?  
Definitely AC Slater! While I definitely liked preppy boys, I also loved that Slater was a wrestler. I didn't have posters of him up or anything, but if I was turning past, I'd definitely stop if he was on! I'm not ashamed to admit that I still pause to check him out if he's on tv!
Which show would you love to see remade? 
I would love to see The Love Boat, Fantasy Island or Facts of Life remade. They were definitely my favorites. I think they may all have had a failed second run along the way, but I'd totally watch these favorites!!


2 comments:

  1. I like your "Sunday Social" image. I had a lot of fun creating it on Picmonkey a few months ago...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah-I'm sorry for not crediting you! I didn't even know where it came from! It's so cute though! If you'd like me to take it down, I completely understand!

      Delete