Monday, March 24, 2014

Influenster J'Adore VoxBox

I was very excited when I heard from Influenster with the possibility that I may receive their J'Adore VoxBox. Influenster is a social networking site that allows members to give reviews and opinions of products. The more questionnaires you fill out, the more influence points you receive. Occasionally, Influenster will send products for members to review, or in this case, an entire box of products. The J'Adore VoxBox was Valentine's Day inspired.


had never received anything from Influenster, so I was so excited when I was chosen to receive and review the J'Adore VoxBox. When it arrived, I was pleased with the variety of products that they sent for me to try.


The first item that was in the box was a large bag of Hershey's Kisses. I have always liked Hershey's Kisses, because they're a little something sweet when your sweet tooth gets a craving. They're also a great little treat to give to someone you care about. I know it probably sounds silly, but I love to put a few in my boys' lunches. I don't usually pack treats, so they are usually thrilled with a "kiss" from Mom, without me writing an embarrassing note to go in their lunch boxes! I also like that they come in Valentine's Day colors!


The next item in the box was a spray bottle of Vaseline Men's Spray Lotion. I gave this to my husband, and made him promise to use it. Since we started dating sixteen years ago, and got married almost fourteen years ago, M. has upped his game as far as skincare products. My obsession has rubbed off on him a bit! He now pays attention to what he uses. Unfortunately, he has never been one to use body lotion. He has psoriasis, so he really should. The Vaseline Men's Spray Lotion is a fast absorbing, so I knew he would like it once he gave it a try. I was right! While M. uses a prescription to help his psoriasis, the Vaseline Spray Lotion really helped the condition of his dry, scaly patches. It really did help, as the patches were much less flaky, and less noticible. He said it wasn't greasy at all, and he'll continue to use it. This is a lot, as M.'s facial skin is fairly oily, and he was hesitant to use moisturizer. He did though, and he liked it! In the Summer, I'll buy him the Fast Cooling version.


The third item in the VoxBox was a pair of Kiss Looks So Natural Lashes. I am definitely a cosmetics junkie, but I've never been a huge fan of false lashes. They're also very trendy right now. I have fairly long eyelashes to begin with, but I was hoping they would make it look like I had a thicker fringe of lashes. These were easy to apply, which was something I was worried about. My eyes are quite sensitive-I can't even wear contact lenses. While I could definitely tell I had the lashes on, they really weren't bothersome at all. I could see myself wearing lashes again for a special occasion, and I'm glad that I had the opportunity to try Kiss Looks So Natural Lashes.


The next items in the box were samples of Red Rose tea. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I've loved hot tea for as long as I can remember. The flavors that they sent were Lemon Chiffon and Creme Caramel. Both were amazing! I had both of them with a touch of Splenda, and enjoyed them so much. This Winter has been the worst, so I've craved hot beverages often. I will absolutely purchase both of these flavors-they were sweet, but not overly so. They smelled amazing. I'm so happy that I was given a chance to try Red Rose teas, they're already my new favorites!


The next item in my VoxBox was Frizz Ease 3 Day Straight Flat Iron Spray. I've used Frizz Ease products in the past, but I've never felt like I've achieved both straight and smooth hair that stayed that way. I've definitely never had a product that lasted for a few days! I admit that I went in a little skeptical that I would get my desired results. My hair is thick, wavy, and often frizzy. I'm constantly cutting it and growing it, and I also color it. The only time my hair looks very straight and smooth, is when I leave the salon. I'm at an in-between stage right now, and I'm always in fear of the dreaded triangle hair. I've been using this with my straightening iron for several weeks now, and it does really help. I can't achieve that stick straight hair, but that could easily be my less than perfect use of the product. It does leave my hair very shiny, and feeling healthy. I'll keep using Frizz Ease, and practice my flat iron skills to see if I get better!


The last item that was in the VoxBox was Boots Botanics Shine Away Ionic Clay Mask. I've seen Boots products, but I've never used them. I definitely wouldn't have picked this mask as one to try, as I have pretty dry skin, especially in the Winter. I do, however, get clogged pores on my nose, so while it wasn't the directed way to use the mask, it worked well for me. I used it on my nose twice a week, and I really feel like it cleaned out my pores, and that it made them appear smaller. I have been using my blackhead tool much less as well. Based on my use, I wound recommend that someone with oily skin give this a try. I would even be too dry to use this in the Summer, as I'm SO dry and sensitive. It seems like a great product though, based on my use.


I was very excited to have been chosen by Influenster to try their J'Adore VoxBox. It was fun to try new products, to find some I love, and some that were not for me. If you don't use Influenster, you should give it a try. It's fun to take quizzes, and I really hope I'll be chosen again for another box.

*Disclaimer-I received the J'Adore VoxBox free of charge from Influenster. All my opinions are 100% my own, and I was not compensated for my review.







1 comment:

  1. I've actually never tried false lashes but have been dying too!

    ReplyDelete