Thursday, February 27, 2014

Thursday Thoughts Blogger Link-Up


This week, I'm linking up with Jennifer @ Ramblings of a Suburban Mom for Thursday Thoughts. I have been trying to do more blogger link-ups lately, as it gives me a chance to get to meet other bloggers. I particularly like Thursday Thoughts, as it gives me a chance to write what's on my mind, questions to the universe, and on occasion, vent a little bit.

-Starting with a vent (sorry...). I ordered a limited edition La Prairie Glossybox back in January. For some crazy reason, they sent it to my old address in Connecticut. I haven't lived there in almost two years, and I have received a Glossybox every single month to my address in Ohio. What is so frustrating is that they were not helpful at all. The post office hasn't been very helpful either. I have the tracking number, shouldn't they be able to forward it to me? Anyhow, in a complete non-Andrea move, I sent Glossybox an email (they never answer their phones) telling how unhappy I have been with them, and they refunded my money. I would have loved the box, but hey, I made progress! 

-I've been working with two different companies that I wrote reviews for, Blues Jean Bar Express and Nadine West. Both companies are offering my readers a discount with the code PREPPY MOM. This is a really big deal for me as a blogger. They both did it as a thank you-I think that's pretty great.

-After being out of town for what seemed like forever, my husband has been home all week! It also snowed pretty much every day while he was gone. I'll be glad when the boys are old enough to start shoveling, or for us to move somewhere warmer. Actually, my pick is somewhere warmer! I spent most of my life in Arizona (not terribly proud of this lately, but hopefully they are back on track), and my husband's company is based out of Phoenix. We're really hoping for a transfer one of these days. Most of my friends are there, and I'm not currently working because of a health issue. I would be crazy excited to go back, so I'm keeping fingers crossed. We'd be closer to my family as well, and I would love for the boys to be able to spend more time with their cousins.

-Are any of you gearing up for a late winter/early spring vacation? We won't be going away this year, but if I could pick a vacation spot at this point, it would be to Disney World, or maybe a Disney Cruise. I grew up on Disney. My family went pretty much every year, alternating between California and Florida. My husband had never been until we were dating. We have been a few times with the boys, and we've always had so much fun. We've never gone on a cruise though. The last time we were at Disney World, we were upgraded to a room on the concierge floor at the Grand Floridian. We're pretty well ruined now, and would have difficulty staying at one of their budget resorts.  The boys, of course, could care less! C. loves the characters, and the last time we went, H. was terrified. 

-I can pretty much say that February was a terrible month for mail. In addition to the Glossybox problem, I ordered two lipsticks from Etsy. Their tracking says that a notice was left and then that they were delivered. Neither one happened, which I'm bummed about. I also returned an item to Nordstrom that has gone MIA. I used their paid shipping label, and I took it right to the Post Office. Who knows where it went? I'm hopeful it will turn up though, as it wasn't a cheap item. Maybe the snow and freezing temperatures has something to do with it? 

-I'm loving the Jimmy Fallon/Seth Meyers nighttime talk show combo. I've been laughing so hard, I'm surprised that I haven't woken M. up! I also love Chelsea Handler and E! News. Justin Timberlake was on Jimmy Fallon, and as usual, it was hilarious. You can tell they're good friends because all they do is talk really fast and laugh at themselves.

-Are any of my readers gluten-free? If so, was it because of an allergy, or another reason? I've been reading about sensitivities to gluten, which can wreak havoc on your body. I don't think I have a problem, but I've been reading that a gluten-free diet can help with certain auto-immune/inflammatory illnesses. I'm considering it, but I just don't know where to start?!

-Have any of you seen the new rose gold hair color trend? I really like it, and I'm thinking about doing it next week when I go to get my color done. I'm pretty light blond naturally, and pale! I wear it in a short bob, kind of like this one. It's blended with pale blonde, medium blonde and a bit of rosy pink. I'm 42- I don't want to look weird. Maybe toned down a bit? What do you think? Would you try it?


That's about it for tonight. I seriously LOVE hearing from you all. If you follow me, I'll definitely follow back. I answer all comments and/or questions also. Let's visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment