Friday, January 31, 2014

January Birchbox Review


Birchbox is likely one of the best known subscription box services. It is $10/month, and is primarily a beauty box. One of the features that I enjoy most about Birchbox, is that you are able to review items in your box. Each review earns 10 points, and 100 points gives the reviewer $10 to spend in their marketplace. Birchbox has thousands of items in the marketplace, including technology items, household items, cosmetics, skincare, and men's products. This is a great incentive, and I have used my points for some terrific items.


The January Birchbox theme was "Go Time," and Birchbox is 'resolving' to challenge, inspire, and motivating us. I know, I couldn't resist!


The first item in my box was a lipstick sampler from Besame. I actually had purchased several of these last year, and reviewed them for the blog. Besame has made lipstick sampling fun and convenient, by making matchbooks with six lipstick 'matches,' with two colors in each. I received a sampler of Besame Red and American Beauty. These are both flattering reds for a variety of skin tones. Besame Red is a true red, while American Beauty is a darker, blue-based red.


The next item was Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk. While I've received several dry shampoos recently, and I'm a little tired of them, I do use them. What I like about this brand, is that it is a spray can, and it's easy to use.


The next item was considered to be a 'lifestyle extra," and I always like receiving this category of items. They're non-cosmetics that are fun to receive and to buy. I like using my points for lifestyle items that might be difficult to find anywhere else. This was a braided Under-Armour Mini Headband. These are super cute and they stay in place! They sell these at Birchbox in 3-packs for $19.99.


The next item was Paula's Choice RESIST BHA 9 for Stubborn Imperfections. This was a tiny veil, but you don't use much at all. It contains 9% salicylic acid, and is to be used on tiny spots. It can be used on blackhead prone areas, blemishes, wrinkles and more. My skin is super sensitive, so I have not tried this yet. I've read that it is effective though, so I won't hesitate to use it if/when I have a blemish.


The last item in the January Box was a sample of Camille Beckman Body Butter in Midnight Monarch scent. It's very moisturizing, and the scent is warm and perfect for winter skin!

If you would like to subscribe to Birchbox, I recommend it 100%! It's fun, it's inexpensive, and there are terrific rewards. Please use my link to subscribe-I would appreciate it greatly! https://www.birchbox.com/invite/jkspm

***Disclaimer-I was not compensated in any way for my review and all opinions are my own. I purchase this subscription myself. As stated above, I have included a referral link.

No comments:

Post a Comment