Wednesday, December 11, 2013

November Love with Food Deluxe Box Review

Since I already subscribe to, and write reviews on the Love with Food Tasting Box, Jasmine Ho, from LWF kindly sent me November's Deluxe Box to compare. This was incredibly kind, and I found that while mainly there were more if each item compared to the tasting box, there were also two additional items in the deluxe box.

This was my favorite item in both boxes. It was a bag of Tuxedo Popcorn from Kukuruza Popcorn. Oh my goodness- this was a bag of delight. Carmel popcorn with a drizzle of milk chocolate and white chocolate. It IS my new obsession.

There was one bag in the deluxe box.
I passed along the next items to my husband, as I did with the smaller box. It is Green & Black's Organic, Dark 70% Chocolate. I know dark chocolate has incredible health benefits, and that it is decadent, but I have never liked it. My husband said that it was rich, high quality and tasty. I'm sure that other Love with Food subscribers loved it as well!

There were two bags in the deluxe box.
The next little sweet was just my taste. It was a small square of Maple Fudge from Laura Secord. The company is from Canada, and the fudge is made with pure maple syrup. I'm pretty picky, and I adored these.  They were sweet, but not gooey sugary sweet. Delish!

There were three of these in the deluxe box.
I love bars, especially for breakfast or a quick snack. There was an Almond, Apricot, and Yogurt Bar from Eat Natural. It was healthy and filling. I shared this with my youngest, and he loved it! I'll be purchasing more of these for sure. He and I aren't huge breakfast eaters, but I insist he have something. Otherwise he turns into the pre-k version of your worst nightmare.

There was one bar in the deluxe box.

There were two bags of Sweet Corn Crunch from Sensible Foods. I had this in the first box, but I was glad to give it another try. I'm always looking for healthy treats for my kids. Plus, I'm from Iowa, so I figured they would be great:) I was right. They were sweet and crunchy, but not hard. My five year old liked them, and I kept trying with my almost eight year old son, but it is difficult to get him to try new things.

There were two bags of the corn snack in the deluxe box.
There were two bags of Sweet Potato popchips from Popchips. I loved these from the tasting box, and was glad to see more of them. They were a great combo of sweet and salty. I will definitely be purchasing these for the house.

There were two bags in the deluxe box.
One of the added items in the deluxe box was a box of Black Rice Cracker Chips from Grains of Wellness.  I had never heard of the company or the item.  They are made from black rice, palm oil, and a touch of sea salt. I really enjoyed these crackers, as did my boys.  They're not heavy, and they are very tasty. They are also gluten free and vegan, so if you are looking for a great snack if you have dietary limitations, these are something you should try!

There was one box of these in the package.
The second addition to the deluxe box was a bag of Seasoned Pistachios from The Gilded Nut. I'm not crazy about pistachios, but my husband loves them.  He took them into his office, and they were never seen again. A hit!

There was one bag of pistachios in the deluxe box.
There was a shortbread in the box by Dancing Deer Baking Co. It was unexpected that the all butter shortbread was blended with rosemary and pink sea salt. It might sound unusual, but it was delicious. A wonderful combination of savory and sweet.

There was one package of the shortbread in the deluxe box, with two cookies in the bag.
I always love it when my subscription boxes include teas or hot chocolates (I'm not a coffee lover-when I lived in Paris, the Parisians thought I was crazy). This box included Mighty Leaf Ginger Twist Tea. I've been a little under the weather, and this was perfect!
There were two packages of Mighty Tea in the box.
The next item, we haven't tried yet. It was a packet of Indian Spice Blend from Arora Creations. It says that the spices are for asparagus, okra, and string beans. We love green beans, and I'm always looking for ways to liven them up a bit. I'm anxious to give these spices a try, and will try some of the other varieties if it's a hit.

There was one packet of seasoning mix in the box.
The larger Love with Food Deluxe Box starts at $17/month, depending on whether or not you have a subscription.  I really enjoyed the November boxes, and I was glad to be able to try the deluxe box.  The deluxe box is definitely a better buy, and it's nice to have snacks on the healthier side in the kitchen or office.  I would have liked to see a few more additions so that it would be more than a tiny bit different from the tasting box, but if you're considering giving them a try, I would absolutely say go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment