Saturday, December 14, 2013

December Ipsy Review

I have been subscribing to Ipsy for just about a year. It is one of the best deals out there for a subscription box. It is. $10/month, and subscribers get a unique makeup bag each month, along with 4-5 cosmetic items. They have a terrific website as well (www.ipsy.com), where you can see different looks created by subscribers and makeup artists.

Ipsy is usually the first bag I receive each month, and I always look forward to it. The December bag is a simple textured black patent makeup bag, that to be honest, you could use as a simple clutch if you were in a pinch. It's very pretty. In addition, there were five makeup items this month.


My December bag included an eyeshadow trio by Pop, called Naturally Bare. While these colors are neutral, they are anything but boring. I really like this palette, and I will get a ton of use out if it. My eyes are kind of a khaki color, so the colors are perfect for me.


The second item in my bag was Be a...Bombshell One Stick in Sunset. I like creamy stick blush, I think they look really natural, and you can build the color. I received Sunset, which is a melon-pink color. I thought it might be too dark, but it isn't at all. Multiple sticks like this one can really be used as lip and eye color as well. This color will be good year round.


I received a Big Lip Pencil by J. Cat in Caramel Mocha. This was the color I was hoping to receive. It is a great warm color  with a bit of brown, but not too much to seem muddy. I've received so many compliments just from the couple of times I've worn it so far. I'm just getting to know J. Cat products, and I'm impressed so far. This is a winner!


I received a mini Starrily nail polish in Bzzz Bzzz. This is a great size, but I'm not in love with the color. My college sorority colors were black and gold, so maybe twenty years ago, I would have loved it. It's cute though, and I have nieces that will go crazy for this. I'll slip it into their Christmas box.


The final item that I received was a set of Ardell Black Eyelashes. I know that lashes are big right now, but I hate wearing false lashes. I am lucky enough that I have long lashes to begin with, but I also don't like how false lashes feel on. These are natural though, and I'm sure I can find them a good home!


If you're new to subscription boxes, sand you like makeup, I strongly recommend Ipsy. The price is great, and the products are fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment