Saturday, November 30, 2013

November Love with Food Tasting Box Review

This is just my second month subscribing to Love with Food's Tasting Box. The tasting box offers a box filled with goodies for just $12/month. When I opened the box, I found it packed with yummy and healthy snacks.


The first snack I opened were Sweet Potato popchips from Popchips. I wasn't sure if I would like these, but they were scrumptious! They were a great combo of sweet and salty. I will definitely be purchasing these for the house.


The next item in the tasting box was a bag of Sweet Corn Crunch from Sensible Foods. Again, I wasn't sure what to expect, but I'm willing to try new things, and I'm always looking for healthy treats for my kids. Plus, I'm from Iowa, so I figured they would be great:) I was right. They were sweet and crunchy, but not hard. My five year old liked them, but I'll have to keep trying with my almost right year old, even to try them. I know he'll like them though! Yum!


The next item, we haven't tried yet. It was a packet of Indian Spice Blend from Arora Creations. It says that the spices are for asparagus, okra, and string beans. We love green beans, and I'm always looking for ways to liven them up a bit. I'm anxious to give these spices a try, and will try some of the other varieties if it's a hit.


I always love it when my subscription boxes include teas or hot chocolates (I'm not a coffee lover-when I lived in Paris, the Parisians thought I was crazy). This box included Mighty Leaf Ginger Twist Tea. I've been a little under the weather, and this was perfect!


The next item, I will admit that I have passed along to my husband. It is Green & Black's Organic, Dark 70% Chocolate. I know dark chocolate has incredible health benefits, and that it is decadent, but I have never liked it. My husband said that it was rich, high quality and tasty. I'm sure that other Love with Food subscribers loved it as well!


The next little sweet was just my taste. It was a small square of Maple Fudge from Laura Secord. The company is from Canada, and the fudge is made with pure maple syrup. I'm pretty picky, and I adored this!


There was a shortbread in the box by Dancing Deer Baking Co. It was unexpected that the all butter shortbread was blended with rosemary and pink sea salt. It might sound unusual, but it was delicious. A wonderful combination of savory and sweet.


I love bars, especially for breakfast or a quick snack. There was an Almond, Apricot, and Yogurt Bar from Eat Natural. It was healthy and filling. I shared this with my youngest, and he loved it! I'll be purchasing more of these for sure. He and I aren't huge breakfast eaters, but I insist he have something. Otherwise he turns into the pre-k version of your worst nightmare.


I saved the best (in my mind) for last. It was a bag of Tuxedo Popcorn from Kukuruza Popcorn. Oh my goodness- this was a bag of delight. Carmel popcorn with a drizzle of milk chocolate and white chocolate. It could be my new obsession.


If you haven't tried Love with Food yet, I suggest giving the taste box a try. It is reasonably priced, and a way to try new treats! I'm so glad I did!







No comments:

Post a Comment