Sunday, October 6, 2013

Things I'm Thankful For Today

I know that I need to be better about writing every day. I enjoy it, and I think I just need get into the habit each day.

Many bloggers have themes each day that they write about, and I've decided that I would like to write about things I'm particularly thankful for on Sundays. Some are huge, some small, some obvious, and some not.

Clearly, I'm thankful for my amazing husband and sons. They bring so much joy into my life. My boys are so sweet, that even when they are wild, I can't really be upset. H. and I play a little game where we say "I love you more than..." Tonight, I said to him, "I love you more than the color pink." Before he said his, he added an "oooh, that's a good one."

I'm thankful that for the first time since our wedding (almost 13 years ago), my entire family will be together for Thanksgiving. In those 13 years, there have been 4 grandchildren added (totaling 6) to the family. We've had pieces of the family together, but not everyone. My father died suddenly when I was 16, and my mother, my sister and her family, my brother and his family, and ours are all going to Indianapolis to have Thanksgiving with my dad's brother. My uncle looks so much like my dad, that it is comforting to be with him, and to see a little glimpse of how he might have aged.

I am thankful that my long time friend, Rob, was legally able to marry his partner Charles in California this weekend. They had a commitment ceremony about 12 years ago, and they have adopted twins who are around 10. They are great dads, and very much in love. This makes everything perfect for them.

Finally, this one is silly, but I'm glad that Sunday night tv is back. Once Upon a Time, Revenge, a new show Betrayal, and The Good Wife are all back. All that's missing is Game of Thrones. Yup, I think about these things!

No comments:

Post a Comment