Monday, October 21, 2013

October Love With Food Review

This was my very first month of Love with Food. I cancelled Graze and Treatsie, so I could try a few different boxes. Love with Food is $15/month, and a way to discover new, organic, natural snacks. I had a coupon, which made my first box just $2. I had heard others talking about the snacks from Love with Food for a while, so I was glad to give it a try.


When I first opened the box, I was immediately impressed by how full it was! Totally worth the $10, and absolutely worth the $2 that I paid!! I recognized a few of the products, but in general, it was all new things to try. That's why I love subscription boxes:)


The first item were Toasted Coconut Chips by Dang. I had never heard of the product, or the company. The information card says that they are so good, they'll make you say "daaaaang." I like coconut, but really didn't know what to expect. They were quite good, and surprisingly satisfying. A nice combination of salty and sweet. My younger son liked them as well, and I'm always looking for healthier snacks for the boys.


The next item was a bag of Chocolate Pizzelle Crisps from Silk City Snacks. The entire bag is under 100 calories, and they were very satisfying. I've seen Pizzelle Crisps around, but I'm not sure if they were this brand or not. I usually prefer more salty snacks, but when I want something sweet, these will definitely do the trick! They weren't too sweet or too rich, just delicious. I will definitely pick some of these up to have in the house.


The next item was a Happy Squeeze from Happy Family. I've never seen this particular product before, but I know several companies are jumping on the squeezable bandwagon. This pouch was blueberry, apple, carrot. I will admit that neither of my boys like vegetables. They did when they were babies, but it just didn't stick. My older son will eat raw carrots with ranch, and maybe a piece of broccoli once a year. He isn't a big eater to begin with, healthy or otherwise. He wouldn't even try the snack, but my younger son is always happy to try new snacks. The squeezable part of it was a huge draw for him. His school provides family style lunches and snacks, and the kids aren't allowed to bring food from home. When he's home though, H. is a huge snacker/grazer. He likes a lot more variety than C. does, so I thought this would be a hit, and I was right. I love that there is a vegetable component. I'll definitely get more of these, as I liked it as well!


Caveman Cookies by Caveman Bakery. My husband ate these before I got a chance to try them, but he said they were really good and satisfying at the same time. Caveman Cookies are made of healthy and hearty ingredients like pumpkin seeds and maple syrup. They are sweet and satisfying, when you need something a little sweet.


The next goodies that I unpacked was two packages of Glee Gum. I had never heard of this company or this treat before, and I'm not a gum chewer (I also do not let the kids have gum yet). M. has always liked gum, so I had him try the Glee Gum. The flavor was triple berry, and it is made of brown rice and cane sugar. He did like it, although I don't see him replacing his regular gum with Glee. Still, it was good to try, and definitely healthier than bubble gum.


I've seen Kind bars before, of course, but I've never tried them. I was happy to see the healthy ingredients right away, as this bar is made of fruit, nuts, honey and spices. Their slogan is "One Kind bar a day, will keep your hunger away." I really enjoyed this, even more than I thought I would. I'm not a huge snacker, but there is that time of day when my blood sugar drops, and I need something. Kind bars are a great solution to keep the afternoon munchies from turning into over-snacking out of hunger.


One of the things that is really great about Love with Food, is that there is such variety. There were two pieces of Organic Hard Candies from Torie & Howard. These were fruity and the flavor lasted.


The final item in the box has been a huge mystery, even among other bloggers. It was a package of liquid, called Pixo Pearls from Vinaigerie Gingras. As I looked at the pouch, I was sure that the pearls had popped. As I looked closer, and held it up to the light, I could see the little bubble like pearls in the liquid. Still, I haven't figured out what to do with them. Others have tried them on salads, tomatoes, crackers, etc. I think that I will make a simple tomato and mozzarella salad, and try these. It's a little out of my comfort zone to try something so foreign, but everyone reports that they are very good.

All in all, I really enjoyed Love with Food. I plan to keep the subscription, as the variety of the box was healthy and had a little something for everyone in the family.

**Disclaimer-I purchased this box on my own, and was not compensated in any way for my review.





No comments:

Post a Comment