Wednesday, October 16, 2013

October Ipsy Review

Ipsy is one of my favorite subscription boxes. The cost is $10/month, which is a steal! Each month you receive a limited edition cosmetic bag, called a Glam Bag, and 5 items. October's theme is The Art of Beauty.


The bags are all so cute, and in my opinion the perfect size to put cosmetics in for your pocketbook. I'm a makeup addict, but I don't usually carry much with me during the day except for lip balm, hand cream and lipstick. I use these to organize things so they don't get lost in the depth of my tote! Since the theme is The Art of Beauty, Ipsy is running a contest for those who want to decorate their bags. 


The first item in my bag was a Zoya nailpolish in Mason. At first I thought it was just a dark plum color, but when I looked closer, it has a bit of iridescence to it. This will be a great fall color!

I also received Style Sexy Hair Spray Clay. I don't usually like getting hair products in my subscription, but I just cut my hair short, and this will be perfect to create a messy look, and to finish the ends after I straighten my pixie!

Next, I opened Nourish Organic Coconut & Argan Body Lotion. I love everything coconut, and this smells SO good! I've promised that I will be better about using body lotion this winter, and this one will be perfect to start me out on a yummy note.

One of the most sought after products in this month's Ipsy Bag was an Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster. I already use several Ole Henricksen items, so this will fit in with my current routine. The Truth line has vitamin C in it, and I find that it brightens my skin and helps to keep it moisturized.

The final item in my bag was Ofra lipgloss plumper in Sultry. The color is a beautiful purple/pink. It is a color that seems like it would look great on anyone. It isn't too thick or sticky, and really does seem to plump my pout!

If you haven't tried Ipsy yet, there is a waiting list. It took me about a month to get off the list, and it was so worth it! You can check out Ipsy at www.ipsy.com. You won't regret it!

*Disclaimer-I purchase this subscription box myself, and I received no compensation for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment