Friday, September 27, 2013

September Treatsie Review

Treatsie is a monthly subscription box that sends you candies and sweets from confectioners around the country. The cost is $15/month, and they really are like stumbling across these great little shops. I have been a member since their starting month. I think it's a great way to try new things.
I do like how the package is tightly sealed and shrink wrapped. They purposely did not send chocolate over the summer months. When you open your Treatsie box, there is a card, but not a whole lot of information regarding your sweets. The company wants its customers to go on the website to read about the confections.
The first company that was included in the box was Grey Ghost Bakery. As you can see, there were three different types of cookies included. Really, a little bit for every taste. The Molasses Spice were so good-really simple, but it reminded me that fall is upon us. They were very soft and fresh, delightful.
The next company included in the September box was Morning Glory Confections. They included Chai Tea and Cashew Artisan Brittle. Although I've never been a huge Chai Tea lover, I did enjoy the brittle. The tastes weren't overwhelmingly spicy. This was definitely a case where I might not have tried something, had it not been in the box, and I'm glad I did. It was crunchy and creamy, and yummy. Very technical-glad I'm not a food critic!
The next two packages were marshmallows. I think marshmallows might be a new trend, as they've been sent from different companies before. The first package was cinnamon and sugar. They were delicious, and I actually ate them right out of the little package. They weren't too sugary or too cinnamony. They would have been excellent in a cup of hot chocolate.
Finally, there was a package of vanilla and black pepper marshmallows. I'm a little adventurous, but not overly so. I'll have to look on the website to see if they have a serving recommendation for these.

Do you get Treatsie? What are your thoughts on September's box? I'm feeling a little up in the air on the subscription right now. Do you love the idea?

*Disclaimer-I subscribe to this box on my own, and I am in no way compensated for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment