Monday, August 26, 2013

The First Day of School!

I cannot believe that today was the first day of school! Maybe it's because we stayed in Cleveland, and didn't take a vacation, but it just doesn't seem like summer should be over.

C. and H. were so excited to go back to school though. I know that won't be the case as they get older, so it's pretty special now. C. started 2nd grade with a missing front tooth that he lost Sunday night. Actually, I'm glad-I was starting to get a little worried that he lost his two front bottom teeth a year ago, and then nothing at all. Plus, he looks so cute with the little gap. I secretly hope his permanent tooth hasn't grown in by picture day. M.'s mom gave C. the tooth fairy pillow that was M.'s when he was little. It was so sweet how excited he was!

H. will continue at the private school for pre-k, and then he'll have to leave. It's only girls from kindergarten through 12th. There was a group of about 5 boys in the same class last year. They were pretty rowdy, and M. and I think it's interesting that they have all been split up this year. I'm sure it's difficult for the early child education teachers-I can imagine they came to the school thinking, "oh, I'll be with only girls, and it will be quiet, etc..." Nope-they got H. and his crew! I know he'll have a great year.

That's about it for a Monday here. I'm looking for a job, so it was nice to have the house quiet, and not to be getting up from the computer every few minutes to break out arguments and to fill juice cups! I'm actually looking to combine my two areas of interest, and I'm applying to be a cosmetic company trainer.

I hope everyone had a great Monday. If your kiddos started school, how did their first day go?

No comments:

Post a Comment