Saturday, August 24, 2013

August Popsugar Must Have

August was a great month for Popsugar. While they officially started their subscription box a year ago in July, August was their official anniversary box. I don't think I've ever been disappointed in a Popsugar box. In case you didn't read my subscription box post (I totally get it, I'm new-ish to the blogging world), Popsugar Must Have is a lifestyle box, so you get a variety of items.  I almost always peak at online spoilers, but I still open every box like it's my birthday!


Pretty great, right?? Each month, you get a foldout card that explains each product. The team in charge of picking the "must haves" seriously have the best job ever. These aren't ridiculous things either. Remember when a certain starlet came up with her Summer Must Haves, and they totaled something like $50,000?  This isn't like that!!

 The first item was Popsugar's birthday gift to its subscribers. It didn't disappoint me at all! It is a beautifully simple gold necklace from Gorjana. I haven't worn much yellow gold in years, but I'm so into it now! I'm glad to have a cute piece to wear. Popsugar gave subscribers a bracelet and a discount code a few months ago, and I'm finding that I love their pieces.


The next item in the August box was a Bentgo Bento box. I've been wanting a bento box, so this made me really happy. I received the box in blue, and it's totally cute. It's microwave, dishwasher and freezer safe. Hopefully this will help me eat healthier at lunch. There are even websites dedicated to making a bento lunch. So excited!!


The next item is a shower gel, which I'm days away from needing. This shower gel is by Lulah. I've never heard of this brand, which is rare for this product junkie!! The scent is Orchid Vanilla. It's pretty strong, but it smells wonderful. It will be interesting to see how long the scent lasts. My husband, M. usually uses my shower gel, because I normally pick something fruity. We'll see if he likes this one. I went on the company's website, which is always fun to do when I learn about a new line.
The next item I opened is totally "me." It's an adorable weekly planner/notebook by May Books. It has an adorable turquoise chevron print-totally trendy. I think it's funny that the motto of May Designs is "People Against Ugly Notebooks." I use an electronic calendar, but this will be great to keep in my bag for "at a glance" scheduling. My boys are getting older, and will have soccer, swimming, etc, and M. is traveling quite a bit for work now, so I think this will be really helpful for this visual learner.
So, this next item, I find particularly posh, and I'm impressed to find it in a subscription box that is $35/month. Obviously, the items I've already shown already total a greater amount than that, but this is just so pretty. It's an apple shaped bowl from Lunares. It just makes me smile. It reminds me of a trip that I took with my parents when I was 14. I was interviewing at boarding schools in New England, and my parents took me to NYC. While we were there, my dad bought my mom a glass apple from Steuben. It's so simple and pretty, and it brings back a happy memory. Anyhow-this apple bowl will be a piece that I display (somewhere away from accident prone sons and crazy dogs).
So, I've already mentioned my product obsession. I was tickled to open a cleansing duo from Dermalogica. It has a cleansing gel and a precleanse. I've never used a precleanse before, but I'm happy to give it a shot. It's more of an oil that you then follow up with a gel. It's supposed to get your face cleaner, which is why I use a brush, but hey, I'm totally anxious to try it out. I've got drier skin, so this may help out with that.
The final item in the box is considered to be a "special extra," as it actually comes from another subscription box service. It's a bag of dried Granny Smith apples from Naturebox. I like it that the bag isn't tiny, so we'll be able to actually give them a try. There is also a coupon for half off your first box if you subscribe.
So, I thought August was fantastic. Everyone's tastes are different, so it's always interesting to hear the opinions of other subscribers. If you'd like to try Popsugar Must Have, you can click here http://popsu.gr/GBt. Also, if you enter "refer5" as the promotion code, you'll get $5 off your first box. You won't be unhappy!

*Disclaimer-I purchased this box myself, and I received no compensation for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment